A few tips to help you protect your personal information from telephone or email phishing scams are listed below:
Computer Security Tips:
- Protect your computer through the use of anti-virus software and firewall protection.
- When banking online, always make sure your browser address bar reads https://www.apexbkonline.com/ before you begin the login process.
- Never respond to an email requesting that you provide personal information to verify an account or to re-activate that account or service.
- Remember, Apex Bank does not contact customers via email requesting a customer to provide personal secure information, such as a PIN or passwords.
Telephone Security Tips:
- If you receive an email requesting that you dial a certain number, do not call the number. Contact Apex Bank customer service immediately at 1-888.8MY.APEX
- Do not provide your personal secure information to an unsolicited caller.
- Never respond to a phone call or voice mail service asking you to verify account information or reactivate a bank service.