Bank customers are currently experiencing an increase in fraud schemes. Scams to get a customer’s personal information can occur through many different means such as through the use of emails and telephone calls. One common method seen by customers is called “phishing”. While phishing has typically been associated with unsolicited emails, there are a variety of scams that use a combination of phone messages and toll-free numbers.
A few tips to help you protect your personal information from telephone or email phishing scams are listed below:
Computer Security Tips:
- Protect your computer through the use of anti-virus software and firewall protection.
- When banking online, always make sure your browser address bar reads https://www.apexbkonline.com/ before you begin the login process.
- Never respond to an email requesting that you provide personal information to verify an account or to re-activate that account or service.
- Remember, Apex Bank does not contact customers via email requesting a customer to provide personal secure information, such as a PIN or passwords.
Telephone Security Tips:
- If you receive an email requesting that you dial a certain number, do not call the number. Contact Apex Bank customer service immediately at 1-888.8MY.APEX
- Do not provide your personal secure information to an unsolicited caller.
- Never respond to a phone call or voice mail service asking you to verify account information or reactivate a bank service.